RECIPE: Stir-Fried Spicy Asian Eggplant
Hi everyone, this is Yuchen. Today I’m going to share an easy and quick eggplant recipe with you. I didn't like eggplant dishes at all when I was a child. Not until I started to cook. I explored and tried different recipes. Then I found the one I really like.
serves 4 people / 15 minutes
- 3 Asian eggplants: cut into 2-inch pieces, then into quarters lengthwise
- 2 green chili peppers: chop them into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 Medium Onion: Chop it thinly
- 1 Scallion: chop it into small pieces
- Cooking oil: 2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds: 1/2 tsp
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of Gochujang sauce
- 1 tbsp of cooking wine
- 1/2 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- Sprinkles of ground pepper
- Optional: 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
Special Ingredient: Asian Eggplants
Most Asian eggplants in markets are dark purple cultivars with elongated and slender appearance. They have tender skin and sweet flesh. Also, they are available year-round!
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set it aside.
- Heat a pan with cooking oil and stir fry green onion for 1 minute. Add onion and eggplants and stir fry quickly over medium-high heat.
- When eggplants start to soften, add the sauce and green chili peppers, stir them lightly.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top
You can use oyster sauce instead of Gochujang if spicy food is not for you. Serve it with white rice. It makes a yummy and fast one-pot dinner on a busy day!
Products we used for this story:
10" Ceramic Dinner Plate in Natural
Ceramic Milk Pitcher in Black